Feedback and complaints

We are continually looking to turn patient feedback into real improvements in the services we provide. We use it to focus on the things that matter most to our patients, carers and their families.

Giving feedback

To provide feedback:

Making a complaint

We at Warden Lodge Medical Practice endeavour at all times to give our patients the best possible service. If, despite our efforts, you feel that we have failed in some way to achieve the standards we aspire to, we feel that it is in the best interests of all parties that the matter be brought to our attention.

Most problems can be sorted out quickly and easily, often at the time they arise with the person concerned. Where you are not able to resolve your complaint in this way and wish to make a formal complaint you should do so, preferably in writing as soon as possible after the event and ideally within a few days, as this helps us to establish what happened more easily. In any event, this should be within 12 months of the incident, or within 12 months of you discovering that you have a problem.

If you are a registered patient you can complain about your own care, however you are unable to complain about someone else’s treatment without their written authority.

Please send your complaint to the practice in writing giving as much detail as possible to;

The Practice Manager
Glen Luce

Receipt of your complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days and a response sent within 28 days. If for some reason the response is likely to take longer than this we will let you know.

If you are unable to discuss your complaint with us you can ask for NHS England to look into your concerns. NHS England may need to share your information with the Commissioning Support Units. You will need to let them know if you do not want your information shared. The contact details for making a complaint to NHS England are;

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

0300 3112233


If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you can refer the matter to: 

The Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

0345 0154033

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman website.

Advocacy service for NHS Complaints

This is a national service that supports people who want to make a complaint about their NHS Care or treatment. POhWER are active in Hertfordshire.


0300 456 2370


PO Box 14043
B6 9BL